"Our life is one open book full of pages. We laugh, we cry, we smile, we stumble, we stand, we fall, and we succeed. Every chapter defines who we really are."


I only got through generation 1 and part of 2. For the rest, check out my tumblr.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Generation 01, Chapter 06: Mrs. Calista Cohen

The wedding ceremony is set up perfectly.  Each of my beautiful bridesmaids holds a rainbow bouquet and the aisle is covered with delicate purple flowers that release a sweet and refreshing scent into the air.

My heart is pumping and dad squeezes my arm.

"Your mom would be very proud of you.  I'm very proud of you."

"Thanks, dad," I whisper.

My steps falter but dad helps me keep my balance.  I look ahead for the first time and instantly see Adam.  Just the sight of him causes my nerves to calm.  He looks so confident and proper.  His hair is slicked back and his tuxedo is crisp and dark.  His eyes meet mine and a smile breaks out on his lovely face.

The small crowd stands up and turns to face me, but I focus my concentration on my husband-to-be.

Before I realize it, dad is sending me off and I stand in front of Adam.

"Hi," he mouths.

"Hi," I say softly, searching his eyes for that comfort he so often gives me.

The preacher starts speaking but I'm barely listening.  My eyes stay right on Adam's.  As planned, when we get to the vows, the preacher walks away and sits in the crowd.  He will stay there for the rest of the wedding ceremony.

Adam gazes at me intently.  "Calista Katherine Smith," he begins, "the day I first met you was the first day of our marvelous journey.  I crushed hard and none of it was for naught because today I take you to marry."  He pauses.  "You've fulfilled all of my dreams and I know we will continue to make many more.  You're the love of my life and I promise to care, protect, and love you forever."

Tears come to his eyes and to my own.  I wipe my eyes and begin to recite my own vows.

"Adam Carson Cohen, I'll have to admit, I checked you out the first day we met."  The crowd erupts in laughter and I continue.  "You're kind, passionate, and caring.  You're mesmerizing, funny, and romantic.  You're everything in a man and I would not ask for anything more.  I love you so very much and I too promise to care and protect you and most of all, love you forever.  I cannot explain the happiness I am feeling right now and when I'm with you.  I am overjoyed to take you as my husband."

"Do you, Adam Cohen, take Calista Smith to be your wife?"  The preacher asks from his seat.

"I do," Adam says with confidence.

"And do you, Calista Smith, take Adam Cohen to be your husband?"

I expect my voice to waver but it comes out loud and clear.  "I do," I finally pronounce.

"You may now exchange rings."

"I, Adam Cohen, solidify my love and commitment to you, Calista Smith.  And I shall love you, forever and always."  Adam slips the shiny ring onto my finger.

Before replying, I look over at my father.  He looks proud and tears are welling in his eyes.  He smiles at me and I turn back to Adam.

"I, Calista Smith, use this ring as a symbol of my love and commitment.  And I promise to love you forever and always," I repeat as I slip the ring onto Adam's finger.

"And by the power vested in me, I hereby pronounce you husband and wife.  You may now kiss the bride."

Everyone claps as Adam's lips meet mine.  His mouth whispers into my ear, "We did it."

"We did," I reply and I hold him closer.

I hear a wolf whistle, probably Laura, and the ceremony is officially over.  People are gushing and crying tears of happiness.

Adam and I are finally husband and wife.  Today has been a miraculous day.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's not over just yet.  The building for our reception is simple and elegant.  I silently thank Destiny and all of my bridesmaids for the work that they put into this wedding.

The dinner goes well and so does the cake cutting.  Adam allows me to cut the cake that we made specifically for the cake cutting portion of the wedding.  Now that I think about it, it was a crazy idea.

Our other cake sits at the buffet table and is purely decoration (although the cake topper on that cake is apparently edible).

Adam makes me giggle as he snatches the cake topper and eats it in less than five bites.

Before the dance, Adam and I attempt to try our best at karaoke.

It fails miserably but we all have a good laugh and everyone seems to have fun dancing and hooting to it.

After that, the crowd disperses and people munch on sweets and mill around chatting.  Most of the crowd dances in the provided space to the soft sweet music.

I find time to look around at my guests.  My father is entertaining my two sisters, Sophie and Lydia, with some sort of comical story.

My sister, Alicia, is getting frustrated chatting with, Dexter Salvan, or as I call him, "the annoying jerk."  I hope he's not attempting to hit on her.

Paisley Parker and my brother Noah are chatting with Kendall, although Kendall doesn't look too happy.  Now that I think about it, he's had quite a mournful face for the entire duration of the wedding.  I hope the conversation is not too awkward for Paisley or Noah considering Kendall's history with me (I didn't want to invite him but I felt bad for not inviting him).  My other brother, Joshua, is talking animatedly on the phone.

"So, would the bride care to dance?"  Adam asks, diverting my attention from the guests.  I look around and see all of the other dancers.

I curtsy and reply, "Of course, handsome."

I take Adam's hand in my outstretched one and he wraps his arm around my waist.  The open back of my dress makes a nice pocket for Adam's hand and I can feel the roughness of his skin against my own.

Our dance starts out slow and Adam's hand slowly lowers to an almost inappropriate position.  Someone wolf whistles.

The music picks up and I swing myself back and forth.  I'm not quite sure what I'm doing but Adam guides me along, our tempo increasing exponentially.

Finally, I grab around his neck and gaze into his eyes, breathing heavily.  We're both oblivious to those around us as our faces come closer.

"You look so beautiful," he finally says.

"You too," I say quickly.  "Today was amazing.  Thank you for making it more perfect than I could ever imagine," I tell him, looking into his shining purple eyes.

He nuzzles his face against mine and replies, "No, thank you for making it more perfect than I could ever imagine, Mrs. Calista Cohen."

Our lips touch briefly and then harder as we come together for a deep and meaningful kiss as husband and wife.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Bridesmaids (from the left): Laura Johanson, Becks Best, Isabella Austin, Chloe Moreau, Skye Everard, Hadley Reed, Dawn Turner, Paisley Parker, and Destiny Rose

Bride and Groomsman: Simon Simmons and Dexter Salvan

Best Man and Groom: Dexter Salvan and Adam Cohen

Groomsman and his wife: Gabrielle and Simon Simmons

Bride and father of the bride: Calista and James Smith

Bride and brothers (from the left): Joshua Smith, Calista, and Noah Smith

Bride and sisters (from the left): Sophie Lowe, Calista, Alicia Smith, and Lydia Long

Bride and siblings (from the left): Calista, Sophie Lowe, Alicia Smith, Lydia Long, Joshua Smith, and Noah Smith

Bride and guests (from the left): Jayda Moon, Zoe Chomas, Calista, Lindsey Lockhart, and Kendall Johnson

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

I

LOVE

YOU.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

NOTE

Thank you so much to those of your who allowed me to have your Sims in my game: Destiny Rose, Skye Everard, Paisley Parker, Chloe Moreau, Becks Best, Hadley Reed, Laura Johanson, Dawn Turner, Izzi Austin, Jayda Moon, and Zoe Chomas (Even though Zoe's Sim was just my interpretation of her description of her simself.  Feel free to let me know if I spelled your name correctly.  I tend to make a lot of mistakes with names and such).

I hope you readers enjoyed the wedding.  As some may know, I had a lot of difficulties with the wedding because a lot of the scenes didn't go the way I had originally planned.  But in the end, I like the result of the wedding.  I think it turned out quite nicely.

Thanks so much for reading and I hope you Cadam fans are satisfied with the relationship between Adam and Calista.  Hehe, now it's time for the honeymoon and then the babies!  I don't know about you but I'm most excited for the kiddos.  I created and posted a preview of possible Cadam children on Facebook and so I know they're going to be gorgeous.  xD

Thanks again!

23 comments:

  1. LOVED IT!!!! OMG THIS WEDDING WAS AMAZING AND ALL THE COLORS!! *-* WOW!
    This was a great chapter and I can't wait for kiddos too. ^_^ Thank you for having Dawn be a bridesmaid, such an honor. :D again, LOVED IT!!!

    ~Hailey~
    (aka Dawn)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn!!!!! :D I loved all of the colors too!!!!! The bridesmaids turned out perfectly! And THANK YOU for letting me have Dawn as a bridesmaid! ^_^

      Delete
  2. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

    You have no idea how much I was smiling :D I was like 2 inches from my screen the whole entire time :D I LOVE ALL THE PHOTOS THEY WERE SO FREAKING AWESOME AND COLORFUL AND GREAT AND VERY....HD :) I guess haha xD

    Where was Luke? Wasn't he there in the pics on facebook? O_o I know he like, went away, but...yeah :)
    And may I just say, Adam was damn sexy ;) as was Calista :)

    YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY :D What was their wedding song? Or did they have one? :) (if they didn't have one I suggest Little Things from my boys (yes you know who they are) cause it is freaking amazing) ^_^

    <3 Izzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha, you never fail to make me laugh, Izzi! I'm glad you liked it!

      Luke wasn't going to go to the wedding. He shouldn't have been in any of the Facebook pictures... perhaps you mistook the preacher or Kendall for Luke? Idk. :P

      Adam wants me to tell you thank you. ;)

      Ooh, it did occur to me to have a wedding song but I was too lazy to pick one out. So I suppose I could use your favorite song! Or perhaps I could use "Rhythm of Love" by the Plain White T's as their song, because I was once obsessed with it. :3

      Thank for reading and commenting, Izzi!

      Delete
  3. Wow, I can see that you put A LOT of effort into creating this post. With the poses, the edits of the pictures...just...wow. Fantastic job on that, BTW!

    EEP! Calista looked so gorgeous! Adam, too, but Calista outshone him at this occasion. :D

    This was such a beautiful post. Well worth the wait! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, it did take a while to get everything together. The lot I was playing on wasn't too slow but it wasn't fast either. I was sort of relieved to be done with it. Thank you so much! Yeah, with the editing (I'm assuming you mean the "true blue photography" thingy in the corners) I just wanted to make the wedding more professional and what better way to do that then to make it look like professional photographers came in and snapped away? :D

      She did! I was so happy Izzi gave me that hair. ^_^ I was going to use a different hair at first but I liked the one Izzi gave me better.

      Thanks so much for your comment, Destiny!

      Delete
  4. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY <3

    EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT WAS PERFECT <3

    The dress, the decorations, the vows, the reception, EVERYTHING :D

    I loved it! :D

    Thanks again for having Chloe as a bridesmaid :)

    I can't wait for the honeymoon ;)

    Awesome chapter! :D

    ~Chloe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shucks, thanks! And thank you for letting Chloe be a bridesmaid. Her blue hair was the perfect color for the rainbow of bridesmaids. Not that I would hate her if she didn't have blue hair. I'll stop typing now.

      Thanks for reading and commenting! :D I can't wait for the honeymoon either. I already have the pictures for it! :D

      Delete
  5. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

    (Sorry Im late. XD And sorry about not commenting on the last post,went camping.)

    I AM AWESOMe.JUST LOOK AT ME. XD OHMY.
    I love my Simmie! She is awesome. <3
    Thank you so much! ^y^
    And yes,you spelled my name right!
    Loved my outfit!

    WOOOWOOWOOOOOWEOWOOWOOOWOOOWOOWOOWOOOWOOOOOWOOOOWOOOOOWOOO!
    IT WAS ALL JUST PERFECT!
    The dress was perfect!
    Everything was!

    :D :D :D

    -ZTFC-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it! At least you're back now. I hope you had fun camping!

      I'm glad you like your Sim and I'm glad I spelled your name correctly!!!! :D I like Zoe. I think I'll be keeping her around as a townie. ^_^

      Thank you so much, Zoe!

      Delete
  6. I agree with Destiny, you put SO much effort into this post and it turned out AMAZING!

    The ceremony was just nice & simple!

    The reception was classy and groovy!

    And the photography is absolutely stunning! :D

    Great chapter Molly & quick question, does Adam have siblings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my efforts were noticeable! It was a lot of work getting everything together! But it was a fun experience, nonetheless.

      I wanted the ceremony to be more intricate but I was getting a bit lazy about the whole thing. :p

      Ah, that's a good question! I didn't realize Adam would be such an important character when I first made him so I didn't initially make him have any siblings or parents. But... as of now, I think I'm going to make him an only child. Making him have a sibling or siblings would be much to complicated at this point.

      Thank for reading, Kurtis!

      Delete
  7. *Sobs* Everything was just so....AMAZING!! No, it was.... I don't know. I can't describe it. I have waited (patiently of course) so long for this day and now it finally came. Now comes the honeymoon!!
    It was probably a lot of effort, but you did a great job on this!!

    ~Zoe~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'm sad to say that I didn't work as hard on the honeymoon as I did on the wedding but I hope you'll still like it!

      Thanks for commenting, Zoe!!! :)

      Delete
  8. I don't even know where to begin. That was.......that was beautiful. I know that I'm a fan of Luke and all, but that seemed perfect. And now he honeymoon!!!!! Great post!!,

    -al

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah, thank you so much! It's good to know that there are still people who like Luke.

      Thanks for commenting, Al!

      Delete
  9. the wedding was amazing! calista looked so beautiful. I hope they are happy for a long time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Originally Calista's dress and hair were going to be different but I love how they ended up turning out!

      Thank for reading and commenting, Tager! :D

      Delete
  10. Awwww! The wedding was so beautiful! Everything was perfect, and Lord, did you have a lot of bridesmaids! LOL The vows were so sweet...*sniff, sniff* and I love the pictures and the little photography signature...nice touch!

    Sorry it took me so long to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cassie!!! Haha, yes, there were a lot. I wanted to limit the number of bridesmaids but I felt bad for leaving some of the people out!

      I'm very proud of the photography signature. I was having quite a difficult time figuring out how to put it into a consistent position for every picture. Fortunately, I practiced beforehand so the real pictures turned out fabulous!

      Oh no problem! I still need to catch up with your blogs. I've been meaning to but I keep getting distracted. >.<

      Delete
  11. Asdfghjkl... Why did I not comment on this?
    Gawd. I apologize for being such a failure lately. Geez. O.o

    The wedding was absolutely perfect! The dress and the vows- everything about it!

    Hopefully some Cadam spawns will be running around soon. ;D

    Okay! Off to read the next post! (I promise I'll comment RIGHT when I'm done!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, another great chapter. I really love your wedding pictures. It turn out great. I can't wait to see their honeymoon and babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing wedding! :D

    ~Heather/Payton Bear ^_^

    ReplyDelete