"Our life is one open book full of pages. We laugh, we cry, we smile, we stumble, we stand, we fall, and we succeed. Every chapter defines who we really are."


I only got through generation 1 and part of 2. For the rest, check out my tumblr.

Friday, December 7, 2012

Generation 01, Chapter 11: ☼ Fun in the Sun ☼

Now that the girls are older, it's quite obvious how different there personalities are.  When they were toddlers they always wanted to be the same and now they're as different as hot and cold.  Yet, despite their differences, they're still very close.

Zoe is much more extroverted and athletic.  She enjoys her after school dance class and loves to annoy play with her older brother.

Calla is much different from her sister.  She's extremely studious and driven.  In fact, she's already declared that she wants to be a lawyer when she grows up.

Homework seems to be a breeze to her and she often helps her brother and sister with their homework.

Kadie dies in her sleep shortly after Calla, Zoe, and James age up.  Her death is very hard on Adam but with quite a lot of consoling and man tears, he heals up quickly.  We decide to wait a while before getting another dog.

In the mean time, we agree to take a family vacation to the beach behind my old house.  Returning to this beach reminds me of when I went those many years ago.

James doesn't want to go at first.  I suppose he doesn't see it as a "cool" thing to do but eventually he gives in.  Swimming is one of his favorite sports so I think that's what got him.  Either that or the fact that Adam wouldn't teach him how to drive if he didn't go.

He and Zoe play in the sand together while Calla reads on a bench by herself.

"Do you think she's okay over there?"  I ask worriedly.

"Well, it depends, what book is she reading?"  Adam finally replies.

"I think it's her logic book.  What does that mean?"

"Well, as long as it's not her atomic bomb book I think we're all good," Adam grins.  "Besides, whenever she reads her logic book, that means she did really well on a test at school."  And by really well, he doesn't mean 100%.  He means that somehow she managed to get extra credit on a test that probably didn't even have extra credit.

"Goodness, I don't know where that girl got her brains from."

"Hey!" Adam says offensively.  "What's that supposed to mean?"

I ignore his remark and kiss his puzzled face.

It's nearly noon and we all eat a nice picnic lunch that Zoe helped me pack earlier.

"C'mon Calla!  Let's get in the water!"  James and Zoe shout to their sister after their meal.

"Uh, well, I kind of want to finish reading this chapter.  It's really good!"  She yells back.

"Oh come on Calla.  You've already read that book, like, a million times," Zoe complains.

"Please Zoe.  I only have a few pages left, I swear."

"Fine," Zoe says, mostly likely while rolling her eyes.  Then she joins James in the cool salty water of the ocean.

"I think I'm ready to take a dive too," Adam announces, getting up.  "You?"

"Um...," I shift in my chair uncomfortably.  "Maybe."

"Come on, Cal, I don't want to swim without you.  Pleeeeaasseee...," he begs, giving me puppy dog eyes.

"First I want to go to the swing over there.  It looks new."

I get up quickly and hope that Adam will forget that I don't want to go swimming but I look back behind me and find Adam quickly following my trail.

Coolly, I lean against the broken branch holding up the swing.  Adam's arms wrap around me.

"Cal, please tell me.  Is something bothering you?"

"It's just... it's just that I don't think the swim suit I'm wearing is very... appropriate.  I'm not sure if that's the right word but that's all I can think of to describe it at the moment.  I would have worn a different one but it was the only swimsuit I could find.  It's a bit more revealing.  I think."

"Hey, I'm sure whatever it is I'll enjoy it."  Adam throws me that grin again that makes my legs wobble.

"I know you will.  But what about the kids?  I mean, it's a one piece but it's a bit... sheer."

"All the more for me to enjoy it," Adam repeats as he begins to slip off my cover up.  I giggle at his touch and lean up against him.

"Fine, you win."  I slip off the cover up and cover my arms over my chest.  "See, I told you it was-"

"I love it," Adam states.  Then he grabs me and hugs me tight.  "Now let's go swimming!"

He dives right in but I walk slowly to the edge of the sand.  The small waves moving toward the shore tickle my feet and I wade in the crystal clear water.  I go in deeper until I can barely touch.  Adam's grip hold me to him and we float around in the water.

Later he grabs some floaties and we float on the water's surface, soaking up some rays.  I get a little bit tanner (okay, I get pink) but Adam gets a full on tan.  And it looks good.  

By this time, Calla has joined us and is laughing and playing with her brother and sister.  It's nice to see her so happy.  She usually seems so serious it's hard to tell if she's even having fun.

Dawn sets in and soon it's very dark.  Adam and James decide to have some fun being all manly and lighting fireworks.

Unfortunately, the girls are too young but Adam and I play around with sparklers.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Everyone sleeps in the next day and we all have a lazy day.  Adam and I are the only ones to get dressed and as I'm walking a passed the front window, I notice the mail carrier shoving something large into the mailbox.  Curiously, I walk outside to see what it is.

It's from Simon Simmons.  It'd take forever to explain who he is so long story short, he's a good friend of mine.  We don't see each other very much anymore but I still consider him a close friend, despite our history together.

"What is that stuff?  It looks so beautiful yet so deadly," Adam comments.

"Perhaps we should read the letter," I suggest as I notice the envelope on the floor.

Dear Calista and Adam, 
Gabrielle and I are ecstatic to congratulate you on your anniversary last week.  It's amazing to think that's it's already been so long since the wedding.  And congratulations on your three beautiful children.  They're already so big.   
Anyway, here's what could be considered an anniversary gift, if you'd like to look at it that way.  I don't know if you want to use it or not but if you do, I should probably let you know what it is.  It's a new potion that my research work has been developing.  It allows a person to stay young - permanently.  I know it's a big decision but I wouldn't want anyone else to have it before you.  So, if you do decide to take it, just know that it is a work in progress and that if something goes wrong, call the Science Facility's number I've written below. 
Again, congrats on the anniversary and, uh, feel free to keep me updated on the potion.  If it doesn't work, feel free to shoot me.   
Your friend,
Simon Simmons
PS:  Makes sure you shake it before you drink it.  When it turns from blue to pink, it's ready to drink
PSS:  Haha, that rhymed.
"Goodness, this is... quite the gift," I say, after reading and scanning the letter no less than five times.

"I'll say," Adam murmurs.

"So," he says a minute later, "should be go for it?"

"Are you sure?  This is a very big decision.  This is quite a selfish thing... not to mention the environmental factors....  Okay, let's do it."

Adam hands me one of the flasks and gets one for himself and swishes it around.

"One of us should drink it first so the other one can call the Science Facility, just in case something goes wrong."

"Good idea.  Should I do it?"

"If you'd like to."

"I actually would," Adam says.  Then he takes a sip of the flask and nothing happens.  "I feel fine.  I think it's safe for you to drink."

I put the flask to my lips, take a deep breath, and take a small sip of the pale pink liquid.  It's warm as it rolls down my throat and into my stomach.  There's nothing at first until Adam starts to glow around me.  Then I start to glow.  It's a warm, happy feeling.

"I think it's working!"  I exclaim.

"Oh my God, this feels just like being drunk.  Except without the weird vision and impaired functioning," Adam thinks aloud.

Suddenly, I feel a burst of energy and... newness?

Whatever it is, Adam's right.  It feels great.

"Oh my goodness, I feel amazing!  I cannot believe it worked," I chuckle.

"Okay, I feel great and all but I really need to use the bathroom.  I feel like I just downed fifty gallons," Adam complains as he scampers to the bathroom.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

NOTE

Okay, so just so you guys know, there will only be one more chapter of this generation (and it's a very short one) until Generation 2 starts!  WOO!  :D  Obviously I'm sad to leave Calista but she'll be making appearances for... a long time.  ;3

Also, thank you Dessie Sims for the idea of making the legacy heirs and heiresses immortal.  It's a great way to part with them without actually having to part with them.  

Thank for reading!!  :)

12 comments:

  1. Loved!!! I realized that I'm more like Calla than Zoe. This makes it hard to choose an heir. And I can't forget James. You know what I'm getting ahead of myself. Yay now Calista and Adam won't ge away for a long time. Thank you Simon! Loved (again)!

    ~Zoe~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like Calla, I really like her too. I mean, I like Zoe but... I like Calla more. :3

      OMG, Simon is a life saver. xD

      Thanks for reading and commenting, Zoe! :D

      Delete
  2. WooHoo! (O.O)

    I loved it! <3
    And I think I'm more like Zoe.
    I love gym classes. XD
    Darn. Now to choose. Hm.
    Oh Simon. XD XD
    Simon,Simon.
    Loved that!

    Kk, gotta go!

    ~ZFTC~

    Lov

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, O.O is right. Every time someone says "woohoo" I think of Sims and their... bed activities? xD

      That's awesome that your more like Zoe, especially because she was named after you. ^_^

      Haha, okay, bye! And thanks for commenting, Zoe!

      Delete
  3. Yes she's not leaving fully <3 I was so scared of that haha

    Okay now I'm really excited for the next generation~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so scared and sad too. Seriously, the feels are just pouring over here.

      I'm so excited for generation 2. It's going to be so fun, although I have a lot of work to do before I start it. >.<

      Thanks for reading and commenting, Danielle!

      Delete
  4. Great chapter! I really like Calla... but I really would like Zoe to become the heir to Generation 2. Might I ask, are you doing an Heir Poll?

    James and the girls are just too cute & Adam and Calista are soul mates <3

    Great chapter, Molly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, there will not be an heir/heiress poll. At least not this time around. I'm not sure about the other generations. :)

      That is so true! The fact that Adam and Calista are going to stay together forever is just so cute! :D It reminds me of when they first met. At that time, I didn't even know what was going to happen with those two. :'D

      Thanks for reading and commenting, Kurtis! :)

      Delete
  5. Yay! The relationship between Calla and Zoe sounds like the relationship between me and my twin sister. o.O She's more like Zoe and I'm more like Calla. :D

    Again, great chapter, and I'm so glad Calista and Adam won't be getting old. I have something evil planned for the heir of my legacy, you're making me feel bad XD.

    -Lilja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! You have a twin? I've always wanted to know what that feels like. ^_^

      I'm more like Calla too!

      Thank you! I know, I didn't want them to go and one of my friends did the same thing so I thought, "why not?" xD

      Sorry for making you feel bad. :\ Haha, will definitely check out your legacy! I hope that what you're planning isn't too evil! :3

      Thank you for your comment, Lilja! ^_^

      Delete
  6. Another great Chapter. I can't believe there only be one left before Generation starts. I really enjoyed the chapter and I looking forward to seeing what happens in Generation 2. :) Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea with the immortality! Loved this chapter! :)

    ~Heather/Payton Bear ^_^

    ReplyDelete