"Our life is one open book full of pages. We laugh, we cry, we smile, we stumble, we stand, we fall, and we succeed. Every chapter defines who we really are."


I only got through generation 1 and part of 2. For the rest, check out my tumblr.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Generation 01, Chapter 03: Unexpected

It's been a week since the engagement and I've told my siblings as well as my father, all of whom are ecstatic that their youngest sibling/daughter will finally be tying the knot.

I've also moved the cats into Adam's house.  Dream and Chimera don't seem to mind the rambunctious and playful canine but Sunny seems to have no use for the boisterous roommate. Hopefully it's just the stress from the move that's getting at his patience and, once adjusted, he'll like Kadie more.  Or at least tolerate her better.

It is now Wednesday and I'm going to ask Adam what's so important about today's date.  It can't be his proposal and it can't be ring shopping.  As of Sunday, I now sport a gorgeous 18-karat gold ring with a glistening amethyst gem resting within center.  Adam has a a blue band.  We've decided to not follow tradition and are actually wearing our actual wedding rings (we'll just take them off for the ceremony so we can put them back on, silly, I know).  I find Adam downstairs doing pull ups.

"Adam?  What are you doing?  Actually, let me rephrase that.  Why are you doing pull ups?  You don't want to hurt yourself."

Adam doesn't answer and I can see why.  His muscles are straining under the weight of his body and by the looks of the sweat swelling up around his armpits and chest, I can tell he's been at this for quite some time.  Either that or he's unfit, but judging by his muscularity, I think it's the first option.

"I have... to look... good... for the wedding," he finally rasps in between his heavy breaths.  Finally, he collapses and gets down.

"You don't have to look good for the wedding.  Whatever are you talking about?  It's not like you're going to strip in front of the congregation.  I'm the only one who'll see you topless anyway..." I grin.  Fantasies about our much anticipated honeymoon drift around my head.

"But-"

"It's a no.  You're strong enough for me.  And even if you weren't, I'd still love you."  I plant a kiss on his cheek and he picks me up and carries me upstairs.  It feels good just leaning against his body.  "Ugh, sweetie, you're very... wet.  Please put me down."  He obeys and sets me down once we get to the top of the stairs.  I grab his hand as a compromise and we walk to the house together.  "Hey, I forgot to ask you, what's going on later today...?"

Adam tells me that I should go pick up some stuff from my house.

"That's the surprise?"

Adam shrugs sheepishly and I shake my head.  I walk upstairs to change and just for kicks, I put on a nice dress.

"Okay, I'll be back in a few," I tell him.  He kiss me, tells me I look beautiful, and releases my woozy self to the taxi.

It makes me sad, going back to my beautiful blue house.  And the fact that I'm going to be meeting with the renters doesn't help one bit.

I struggle opening the lock but finally get it on the third try.

"God, that's embarrassing," I think aloud.  "I hope no one saw tha-"

"Calista!  You made it!  I can't believe Adam succeeded in getting you here.  And here I was, thinking he didn't have a poker face," Laura admits.

WTF?  I'm speechless.

"Wha... huh?"  I stand there like an idiot, staring at my two bridesmaids.

And then I realize that they must be throwing me a party.  My face instantly brightens and I squeal.

"You didn't?!"

"We did," Destiny grins.

"You girls are so awesome!"

Just then, four of my other bridesmaids march in.

"Dawn Turner, Becks Best, Chloe Moreau, and Isabella Austin," I say their names.  "You girls are awesome!"  They all give me their congratulations and we group hug until Laura ushers us into the living room.

"Time for gift giving!"
We all settle down and I sit on the little blue stool that I sat in when I dyed my hair for the first time.  Destiny, my matron of honor, sits on her own chair.  The rest of the women sit on the couches.

"Ooooooh, open mine last," Laura exclaims excitedly when we've finally settled down.

I give her a strange look.  "Okay...?"

First, I open a collaborated gift given by Dawn, Becks, and Chloe.  It's ginormous and isn't even wrapped.

"Oh my God, that's hilarious!"  I break down laughing.  In front of my are two of the biggest stuffed bears I've ever seen.  One is a blue fairy, which I'm assuming is me, and the other is a purple werewolf, which is probably Adam.  We carry them out to the front entry because they're too big to fit anywhere else.

"Thanks girls!"

Secondly, I open a heavy gift from Destiny, which is also very large.

"Cat food?"  I ask myself.  I guess it makes sense.  I do have a lot of cats....  "Thanks, darling."

I go and set that next to the bears.

Next, I open a smaller gift from Izzi.  The box is labeled fragile so I decided not to open it too quickly. It's a mood lamp.  I turn it on and it emanates a light turning the room a beautiful blue color.

"Wow, that's gorgeous.  Thanks, Iz."

Laura is acting as though she's going to split her pants, or her dress, more like it.

"Okay okay, I'll open your present now," I say as she practically throws her present into my lap.  It's surprisingly small and light.  I unwrap the smaller, thinner box first.  Non-latex condoms.  My cheeks flame with embarrassment.  Unfortunately, it's a little too late to hide the present because everyone has already seen it.

A flood of laughter comes from everyone, and surprisingly, from my own lips.

"I'm almost too scared to open the next gift," I admit humorously.

"I think you'll like it as much as the first one," Laura laughs.

Oh God.

I carefully unwrap the second box....

Take-home pregnancy test.

Actually, I was expecting something worse than this so I wave the box above my head.

"Hallelujah!"  I shout, not mentioning the fact that Adam and I haven't had sex.  We all share a good laugh.  It's a little too early to crack out the champagne so we all chat a bit.  Dawn and Destiny share some lovely stories about their own marriages and the rest of us talk about our funny gift giving moments.  Some are way worse than mine.  Like way worse.

It starts to get dark and we all pile up in the music room (with our champagne) to dance our hearts out.

We dance for a long time and plenty of us get drunk before we've even realized it.  Even when the air starts to get musty and sweaty and smells of alcohol, we keep our dancing up.

Later, Becks, Chloe, Dawn, and I go out to the bubble station that Destiny rented for the night.  It was a good plan on her part because I get even more woozy and very hiccup-y from the thirty minutes of blowing those bubbles.

"They're so beautiful.  I just want to poke them," Dawn slurs.

Chloe gives everyone the fish lips and even tries to kiss Becks.  Becks almost shoves the bubbles tube down her dress and we all giggle incessantly.  I've never been this drunk and this crazy about bubbles.

Becks slumps out of the bubble bar seat and goes over to make more drinks.  Izzi practically crawls out of the dance room and we yell and encourage Becks to make more drinks.

Eventually, everyone filters into the bar area, grabs a drink, and start talking.  Somehow, Laura and Dawn found some pillows and are now hitting each other with the fluff.

"Take that, you bitch," Laura yells and they continue to hit each other until they're hitting each other with invisible objects and the pillows are laying on the floor.

My drunkenness wears off as the night goes on and into the morning.  I begin to notice that my wise and saintly matron of honor has not one drop of alcohol in her system.  I silently praise her for her responsibilities and it's probably good that one of us has a blood alcohol level lower than 0.1.  Destiny shuts down the drink bar and sets out a pitcher of lemonade.  Everyone starts to return to their normal and "mature" selves.

At around 3:30 am, Becks, Dawn, Chloe, and Izzi leave for home.  They thank me a wonderful wedding (although they'll all be there) and thank Laura and Destiny for throwing such an awesome party.  I thank them as well and begin to head out the door.

"Wait!"  Laura commands.  "Your presents aren't all opened."

She gestures to the ground near the cat food and I gasp.

"Oh my gosh, you got me a cat?!"

"Destiny and I did," Laura informs me.

I squeeze my two best friends and then pick up the cat (luckily I've sobered up a bit so it's totally safe for me to handle a live animal) and cuddle with him.

"I'm going to name him Royal.  Royal Smith, welcome to the family," I say to him and he snuggles up against my chest.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

NOTE

Actually, the cat is from a good friend of mine, Salline Trish, so thank you so much, Salline!

Also, thank you to a few of my bridesmaids that were able to come to the party: Destiny Rose, Becks Best, Chloe Moreau, Izzi Austin, Laura Johanson, and Dawn Turner.  I would have have all of the bridesmaids at the party but decided to but I didn't want to have the house so stuffed because that lot is a bit laggy in my game when there are over 8 people in the household.

Also, the lighting looks really weird in the photos because it was a full moon and I didn't realize you could turn the lunar cycle off.  -_-

Thanks for reading!  :)  I hope you have a great day (or night)!

26 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, I'm not sure if I would ever get you cat food IRL, but hey, this time it was for a very good reason. ^_^

    Wow, girl, that was one BAD ASS bachelorette party. I'm surprised no one passed out. O.o

    Aw, Adam...so sweet how he wants to look his best for the wedding. *sniffles* Calista, don't EVER let him go!

    I hate commenting before school, because I always gotta keep it short... This was such a great post, Molly! It really gets me excited to see what the wedding will be like. :D

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. ^_^ And I needed a more creative way of introducing the cat into Calista's household.

      Haha, I'm glad you think so. It wasn't terribly crazy like other peoples' parties have been but I liked how it turned out. Except for the gift giving pictures... I didn't take very good shots of that part.

      Don't worry, Calista and Adam are forever going to be together. That I can definitely assure you of.

      Thanks, Destiny!! :D

      Delete
  2. AWE!!! Kitty, and it's blue, Calista finally gets a blue kitten. How cute!! ^_^
    This was such a fun post, I loved it. I hope the wedding is coming soon. :D
    Thank you for having Dawn as one of your bridesmaids and having her in this post, your just awesome. ^_^

    ~Hailey~
    (aka Dawn)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I know, I'm so glad Salline gave him to me to adopt. ^_^

      No problem! Thanks for letting Dawn be in Calista's wedding!

      Thanks for the comment, Dawn!

      Delete
  3. Adam <3333

    Those bears were such a cute idea! :)

    Laura's gift xD Now that was gold!!!

    Oh goodness xD I can't believe Chloe tried to kiss Becks xD

    I love Calista's new kitten!

    AHHHH I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE WEDDING!!! *squeals* :D

    Thanks again for having Chloe as a bridesmaid ^_^

    ~Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I couldn't think of any gifts but I've always wanted to make Calista have those bears... :D Lol, I love Laura for her crazy ideas. I would have never thought of that on my own.

      Hehe, while I was writing it, I decided to make the bubble bar scene a little more interesting and that's what I came up with. :3

      Eeeep! Me neither!! Thanks, Chloe!!

      Delete
  4. OMG
    !

    Oh Chloe,XD

    And Royal! ^U^ Where'd you get the name?

    Oh Laura! XD XD Hilarious <3

    Eep! Im so excited! XD

    ~Z~ (FTC)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, the friend who gave me the cat didn't have a name for him, only a picture. So I saw that he was blue and decided on Royal from the color, royal blue.

      Laura's present was very awesome. :D

      Thanks, Zoe!

      Delete
  5. At first when Destiny gave you Cat food I was like...'Okay...'' But once I saw the cat it clicked inside of me.

    I'm surprised you never had a stripper ;)

    Calista sure has some 'interesting' friends if you see what I mean!

    Great great chapter Molly :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, cat food is a rather odd wedding gift! xD

      A stripper, eh? The idea never actually crossed my mind. But if it had, that would have been fun!

      Thanks for reading, Kurtis!



      Delete
  6. Nom, nom, nom. Adam is yummy. :)
    And sweet.

    Those teddy bears were just too cute! I especially love how Adam is a werewolf.

    LolLaura'sgift.Iloveyousomuchforactuallydoingthat.Like,youdon'tevenknow.

    Oh goodness... Calista's going to have a huge hang-over. Of course, all of them will. Killer party though!

    Eep! That kitty is so adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam is the yummiest of yummy.

      I was going to make Adam a fairy but then realized that the bear's fairy outfit is rather girly.

      Youdon'tknowhowmuchIlovedtheidea.Thankyouverymuch,Amanda.Yourideasarealwaysawesome.

      Goodness, the consequences of drinking didn't even occur to me. But yes, she is. O_O

      He is cute!!!!!! I like that he's blue and even though I was tempted to make him a little more purple (I thought against it because it seems a bit rude to change a cat someone else made and let you adopt) I still love him!

      Thanks for reading and commenting, Laura! :D

      Delete
  7. Aww yay! :D I am awesome drunk :D haha jk....

    Adam <333 you're so cute. Gah. I'm going to steal him and marry him. Okay? Okay. :D hehe jkkkk

    WHERE WERE THE FIREMEN STRIPPERS?! I was looking forward to that! :(

    Great partay and they'd better get married and get to those bebes (babies), quick! ;)

    ~Izzi (my link isn't working, sorry)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are an awesome drunk. As well as an awesome dancer! :D

      If he were real, I'd let you have him. :3

      xD HAHAHAHAHAHA, you should have let me know of them earlier and I would have totally included them.

      Babies are only a few posts away! :D

      Thankies, Izzi!!!!! Huh, that's weird. O.o

      Delete
  8. You have some friends who give hilarious presents!! At first I was thinking why cat food? But then I figured it when I saw the cat. Aww the cat is so adorable. I just want to snuggle him! Great post!

    ~Zoe~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanna snuggle him too! I feel like I make Calista's cat's too nice. Oh well. xD

      I'm glad you liked the presents! Laura's was definitely my favorite.

      Thanks for reading, Zoe! :D

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh how awesome! I wish I could be in your Sim game! lol I'd be a party. :D
    I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS WEDDING!!!!!!!!!! GAHHHHHHHH! And I'm totally jealous of those bears and that adorable blue kitty!
    ~Megs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to have you in my game! Well, for Zoe (FTC), she gave me a description of her simself so if you want to be in my game (I don't want too many guests at Calista's wedding. It's a lot to handle) you could give me a description of yourself and I could just try to make a basic simself for you. ^_^ Only if you want to (and if you check back on this comment).

      I'd love a giant bear too! Although, the werewolf bear scares me. :D

      Thanks, Megs!

      Delete
    2. I have a simself made in my game if you want me to upload it to the sims website. I can e-mail you the link if you wanna do it that way?

      Delete
    3. Sure! I'll try that (although .sim3pack don't seem to work 100% when I try to download them into my game). We'll cross our fingers. :D

      Delete
  10. Awesome post! just as well written as the others! The cat is adorable!! I LOVE the cats name!


    quick question, what program do you use to take your screenshots? do u use the in game camera? because they are a amazing quality that i dont think you can get with the in game camera...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm rather proud of his name too!

      I use the in game camera and then a camera mod from Mod the Sims. Then I use the free editing program (GIMP) to add the little black border around my photos but that's about it. Of course, on my header, I edited the photo with GIMP and on the last post I edited the photos but on all of my normal posts, I don't do anything except the border.

      Thanks for asking, Corey. :)

      Delete
  11. Great post! And you're welcome -for the cat, that is.. haha- !(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And thank you for the kitty, Salline! =^_^=

      Delete
  12. Another great chapter. I'm so happy she got another kitty cat. Love the gifts too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome first few chapters! Everything is so perfect! Can't wait to read more! <3

    ~Heather/Payton Bear :D

    ReplyDelete