"Our life is one open book full of pages. We laugh, we cry, we smile, we stumble, we stand, we fall, and we succeed. Every chapter defines who we really are."


I only got through generation 1 and part of 2. For the rest, check out my tumblr.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Generation 01, Chapter 01: El Fin

"WOOO!"

"YEAH!"

"Happy Birthday, Lukas!"

Adam and the kids cheer Lukas on as I blow out the candle on his cake.  Lukas waves his arms, obviously not sure what he's really waving them for.  

Lukas ages up with similar features to his half-brother, Winston.  Both boys have dark hair and blue eyes.  It seems like Kendall's hair and eye color aren't dominant.  Either way, Lukas is adorable beyond words.  As we eat the cake, I realize the significance of my completion of the challenge.

Finishing the challenge has changed a lot.  First off, there are way less kids in my massive house.  Jayda has moved out to become a dance instructor, so there are only three boys in the house - Jed, Winston, and Lukas.   Secondly, I keep feeling like I have work to do when in reality, there's nothing to be done.  It's weird having... free time.  It's definitely something I'll have to work at to get used to.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

It's been a while since Lukas's birthday.  Jed and Winston are adults and Lukas is now a teenager.  A handsome one at that.

"Mom, Jed, Winston, and I are going to go out for a drive, can we stop and pick some food for dinner?"  Lukas asks one day.  I'm trying to read a book that I never got to read during my challenge, and I have to say, it's quite good.  I've definitely missed out on a lot of good literature.

"Sure, how about pizza?"

"Okay, sounds good!  I'm going to pay for it with my own money," Winston tells me proudly.  

See what I mean?  It's so easy around here.  I feel useless.  Of course, all this free time gives me a lot more time with Adam.... 

Speaking of which, after they return and we eat our pizza, I remember Adam's words... "I've got another surprise for you...," and decide to get to his house pronto.

"Calista?!  I didn't expect to see you here so late."

"Oh, I suppose I should have called.  Um, tomorrow?"

Adam chuckles and pulls at my hand.  "No, Cal, come in."

He guides me over to the living area, offers me a beverage, and then sits down with his arms sprawled around me.

"Christ, Calista, it's amazing having you so free all the time.  Do you feel happy that your challenge is over?"

I smile, "I bit.  But I'm also sad.  I mean... now I feel like my purpose in life is gone."

Adam sits up alarmed.

"Oh, don't worry, I'm not suicidal or anything.  I just don't feel like doing anything.  I mean, I guess I could take up painting...."

"Or you could go on a date with someone," Adam suggests, raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah, that too," I wink.

"Would right now work?"

"Well, I don't think I'm busy.  Okay, I'll go on a date with you," I tease.

"Shucks, I'm flattered."

"So I was thinking you'd show me that surprise that you promised me earlier," I hint.

"Ah yes, that.  It's not completely ready so I'm afraid you'll have to wait.  I have to check with a few things before I can fully show you your surprise."

"Humph," I say, letting out an exaggerated sigh, "I'll wait."

"Hmmm, you know, I could give you your pre-surprise."

"Pre-surprise?"  The prefix reminds me of Luke and the night he 'pre-proposed' to me.  Well, that turned out dandy.

Adam's kiss interrupts my thoughts.  I've always considered him gentle but the urgency of his mouth and his strong arm up my shirt makes me reconsider.  In less than a minute we're both on the floor and breathing hard.  Surprisingly, our clothes are still on.

"That was unexpected," I manage to say.  "Have I told you that you're such a good kisser.  You're sure you've never had a million girlfriends?  Because you're very talented."

Adam turns to look at me and nuzzles my nose and sends kisses down my neck.  "Oh Calista, I think you're giving me way too much credit.  But yes, I've hardly had any girlfriends.  I'm, oh how do I put this?  I'm very picky."

"Wow, I feel so special," I purr as I ruffle Adam's hair.  "I hope our kids have your lovely hair.  It's so soft," I think aloud.  Oops.

"Our kids?"  Adam gives me a skeptical look.

"Well, if we do get married, I mean.  Not like that's going to happen for sure but if it does...," I explain quickly, the color in my face rising.  I don't even look at Adam.

"Yeah...," Adam sighs dreamily.  He wraps his arms around me and I snuggle into his chest. "Do you have to go home tonight?"  He finally asks.

"No, but I have to go home by 10 tomorrow.  It's Lukas's birthday."

"I can't believe he's going to be an adult already."

"Me neither.  My last child already leaving the nest.  What will I do with my empty house?"

"You could move in with me," Adam suggests nonchalantly.

"Are you asking me to move in with you?"

Adam doesn't say anything.  Finally he admits, "Yes."

"Of course I will.  But there's still the problem with my house.  I don't know what to do with it."

"You could rent it out.  Or we could work this situation the other way around and I could move in with you."

"Renting is a good idea.  I think that's what I'll do.  Besides, your house is so much more special than mine.  And much smaller and easier to clean.  After Lukas, Winston, and Jed move out tomorrow, I'll come over to your house and we can settle things out."

Adam tips my head back and kisses my forehead, "Sounds like a plan.  Now where were we...?"



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
Lukas ages up into a handsome adult.  He, Jed, and Winston move out after a tearful good-bye.

They try to reassure me when I start to tear up but that only make the tears come faster.

"I'll miss you so much, boys," I blink rapidly.

"Aw, mom, don't cry.  You're making me cry," Jed admits.

"Love you, mom," Winston says.

"We'll come visit soon," Lukas promises.

And with one last hug and kiss from each of them, they're off to start their new lives.

I am now left alone in this giant house.  Something inside of me is weak and I don't feel like going to Adam's just yet so I call him to come over here instead.  We decided that I'll rent out my house and we spend the afternoon creating an ad.

By 8:00 that night, I'm officially moved in with Adam.  I've also already received an offer with a couple who are interested in renting so I plan to meet with them next Wednesday   Adam panics when I tell him this news and says that I'll be busy next Wednesday  which is strange because I swear I have a free day that week. In fact, every single day of my life is now free, as of now.  But I reluctantly call the couple again and reschedule.  Fortunately, they're flexible and we change the date to Thursday instead.

I'm still pondering what Adam was so worried about next Wednesday   I'll ask him when we're not so fatigued from moving.  Adam seems pretty relaxed the rest of the night until after we're cleaning up dinner.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

NOTE

I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of Generation One.  It's different, not writing about babies, but I'll eventually get used to it.

Let me know what you thought of the post in the comments.  Thanks for reading!

32 comments:

  1. First of all, I love the new blog. It's so pretty ^_^ I love the banner too!

    All three boys are amazingly handsome! Lukas is just,no, I can't even explain his hotness xD

    It's sad that Calista's finished her challenge. But, that does mean more Adam <3

    I can't wait to see what his surprise for her is!

    Great post! I'm excited to see what else you have up your sleeve :)

    ~Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the banner too! Although, I feel like I wasn't very creative because I've used this banner as my cover photo on Facebook.

      Lukas is a cutie, although he doesn't look good in any hairs except the one I gave him. O.o

      Thanks, Chloe! :D

      Delete
  2. YAY! :D Is the title supposed to mean "The End" in french? If so....I think it's "Le Fin" :) Sorry, I just...I need to practice my french :)

    THAT WAS AWESOME :D BABY TIME!

    please? :D
    ~Izzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it's "The End" in Spanish but I believe it's not supposed to have the "El" in front of it (I have no clue). I changed it now. :D

      Hehehe, soon, my friend.

      Thanks for reading, Izzi! :D

      Delete
  3. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED IT!! I'm so glad to see that Calista is doing a legacy now. I can't wait to read and follow this legacy all the way to generation 10. Great chapter and I can't wait to read the next. :D

    ~Hailey~
    (aka Dawn)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm so happy to start a legacy. I've always wanted to do one.

      I hope I can make it through all of the generations before TS4.

      Thanks for reading, Dawn! :)

      Delete
  4. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

    Mmk, that is all. :)

    ~Megs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :D I'm glad you're excited. I am TOO!

      Delete
  5. Winston and Lukas... *whistles* Hot damn, talk about handsome. ;)

    *silent sobs* This is pretty much the official end of the baby challenge...where she has no more children in the house and she's moving out.

    BUT...at least she's possibly going to move in with Adam, and then...things may start to develop. Not to be offensive, but I think it'll be a nice thing for Calista to get away from all that blue in her house. ^_^

    Such a nice first post, Molly! :D

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know right?!?!?! xD

      Actually, because this post was the end of the challenge, I was debating on whether to make it a "post challenge" post or the first chapter of generation one. Obviously I chose the second option but I still have my doubts.

      I'm ready to make Adam's house all blue. xD It spreads with Calista....

      But yes, and Adam's house is so lovely and realistic and actually has a ceiling so I can take more angled shots.

      Thanks for the comment, Destiny!

      Delete
  6. Calista just makes beautiful babies. I can't wait for Cadam babies to pop up in the legacy. ;)

    YES. Adam and Calista are fiiiinnnnnaaaalllllyyyyy moving in together. I've been waiting for this my whole life. (Even before you created Adam. xD) Oh, are we going to meet the renters of Calista's house? That would be awesome.

    The new blog background is awesome by the way. (Especially when you're scrolling really fast!)

    Great post! I can't wait for chapter two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't either. And after doing the genetics test, I know they'll be gorgeous! Not that I was worried or anything.... >.>

      You have? xD

      Hehehe, on Facebook I actually put up a picture of the renters. :p But yes, we'll meet them in one of the later chapters.

      Thanks, I'm glad you like it. As I said before, I really like the fabric-y look of the patterns. And the blue is perfect for Calista.

      Thanks for commenting and reading, Amanda!

      Delete
  7. First, I love how this blog is so similar to the 100 baby challenge one, it makes it look like there's still babies ^_^ (Is that made sense)

    Aww Lukas, Jed and Kendall are real mommas boys, just like me ^_^

    I'm am SO happy Adam and Calista moved in with each other but there's one more thing, what about the cats!?!?

    I think I know what's going to happen on Wednesday.....

    Great chapter Molly :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like it too!

      Oooh, honestly, I kind of forgot to move the cats in with Calista and Adam. I'll have to do that. xD

      Thanks for commenting, Kurtis!

      Delete
  8. Im back!

    (Sorry Im late.)

    Awe! I love Lukas.
    XD No! Vampy babaies!
    (What abot wolfie babies?)

    D'awww CADAM! <3 <3 <3 *fangirling*

    ^^ Has a point! What about the cats?!?

    I.Want.To.See.The.RING.

    XD
    ~FTC~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's no problem!

      I know, I've always wanted vampire babies and werewolf babies. But supernatural came too late. >.<

      I KNOW! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!

      Hehe, yeah, I forgot to move the cats in. I guess I'll have to move them in for the next post :P

      It'll come soon.... :D

      Thanks for commenting, Zoe!

      PS: Mind if I call you Zoe? Or would you rather FTC?

      Delete
    2. XD

      Yeah,call me anything!

      Delete
  9. Gah....I remember when you had Luke's twins.....it seems like it was so long ago..... :, )
    -al

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... it's was so long ago. :')

      Delete
  10. Wow! This is pretty good. How do you get the pictures to look so real? And, I have a feeling what Adam is going to say to Calsta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      My pictures? Well, I have my game settings on high so that's probably the key reason. Plus, I think it's because of the way I decorated Adam's and Calista's houses. I use a lot of matching colors. Other than that... I'm not quite sure! But thank you, nonetheless!

      Hehehe, you'll see in the next post. :3

      Delete
  11. Awesome first chapter! So much has happened to Calista over all this time...I'm excited to see what happens to her next!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Phenomenal first chapter!! I'm feeling a lot better and I'm back on my busy schedule(not really unless you count school). I loved those scenes with Cadam in it! The last three boys are hot! But it's so sad seeing them go!!!

    ~Zoe~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just read all of the BC (over the course of a month or so) and it's AWESOME!

    But this post is especially... weird since I have a younger brother called Lukas who gets really annoyed when you spell his name with a 'c' instead. xD
    Now, to continue my hw so I can continue to read 8D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! ^_^

      Lol, that's so funny! Good luck with your homework!

      Delete
  14. I really enjoyed this chapter. I find it very interesting and wondering what will happen next. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Lol, sorry for replying so late. I saw your other comments, so don't think I missed those. ^_^

      Thanks for much for reading!

      Delete
  15. I told you I'd comment...
    Anyhow...
    YOUR CHALLENGE IS OVER!!! CONGRATS!!! ITS BEEN SUCH A LONG AND BEAUTIFUL JOURNEY! <3
    JAYDA IS SO BEAUTIFUL! SHE IS MY FAV, YOU KNOW OF THE CHALLENGE KIDS!!!
    <3 <3 <3

    Logan XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like Jayda! I really like her too and I was so happy when she got her father's gorgeous red hair! :D

      Thanks for reading, Logan!!!! :D

      Delete
  16. I know I'm probably the latest of them all, but your legacy is great; even though I've never read your challenge! (I didn't really know you/was a part of the community when you were writing that.) I can't wait to catch up and maybe read your challenge (if I have time) kind of like back-story! :D Great work already! ^_^

    ~Heather/Payton Bear :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thank you, Payton! (I'll just call you that since that is your name on FB ^_^)

      I really need to read your story too! I'm planning on reading all of the stories I need to catch up on next year when I'm at college and don't have Sims to play. .__.

      Again, thank you! I hope you like it!

      Delete