"Our life is one open book full of pages. We laugh, we cry, we smile, we stumble, we stand, we fall, and we succeed. Every chapter defines who we really are."


I only got through generation 1 and part of 2. For the rest, check out my tumblr.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Generation 01, Chapter 04: Who do these people think they are?

NOTE

First off, I would like to thank Izzi for gifting me the Happily Ever After - True Romance hairstyle.  I cannot wait to see Calista in it!

Also, thank you Cassie and Destiny for allowing me to use their sims in the wedding festivities.

Now on with the story!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's the next day and I have a massive hangover from the party last night.  I'm standing in my house waiting for the renters to arrive and the smell of alcohol still wafts through the air like burnt popcorn.  I quickly run to the kitchen and spray Lysol all over before they arrive.  Hopefully the renters won't care about the overly pungent odor.  Actually, I bet the blue will overwhelm them more....

The arrival of two very pink people interrupts my thoughts.

"Hi, I'm Calista Smith.  Are you Amaranth and Ruby Brink?"  I say as they walk in.

At first they don't reply.  Mr. Brink appears to have some anxiety disorder and Mrs. Brink is fiddling with her extremely curly hair.  I've never seen such vanity.

"Ehem, I can show you around the house, if you're interested," I say forcibly.

"Oh yes, please show us around the house.  It's a bit blue for my taste, but I can't be picky, can I?"  Mrs. Brink finally states.

I'm about the reply when Mr. Brink says, "Of course, darling."

Oh right, of course she wasn't talking to me.

I finally get them into the office after introducing them to the sitting area.  Unfortunately, they don't even seem to be paying attention to anything I'm saying.

And what is with Mrs. Brink and mirrors?  That lady needs to get a life.  I'm tempted to smack the mirror and break it in front of her very eyes.  Of course, she has her hand mirror so that plan wouldn't really benefit me in any way.

After a few minutes in the office, I move onto the kitchen, the dining room, and the living room.  We enter my favorite room in the house - the music room - which reeks the most from last night but fortunately, I can hardly smell the sweat and alcohol.  Mr. Brink takes out his phone and texts as I talk about the room and about the instruments.  Mrs. Brink crinkles her nose in disgust.

"Instruments create a lot of dust.  I'm definitely going to have to get a housekeeper for the time we're here."

So does that mean she's actually considering living here?  Because she doesn't seem at all pleased about the place at this point.

"Right, well, let's carry on," I drone.

We walk out to the backyard.

"You had kids living here?"  Mrs. Brink asks as she stares at the playground equipment.  "Goodness, we have a son but he's only a baby."

"Oh, that's good.  This house is very well suited for chil-"

"He's in the orphanage, of course," Mrs. Brink continues.  "I absolutely despise children but my husband convinced me to keep the baby.  He's pro-life you see.  Fortunately, our son will be adopted soon.  The couple taking him in live out in the country.  I would hate that life.  God only knows I would shoot myself if I lived there.  But I'm just happy he's going to have a home now, I guess.  I felt a little bad giving him up."

I nod, absolutely confused.  Is it my headache or are these people insane?  I've learned more about these peoples' personalities than I have about their opinions on the house and they've only been here for what, thirty minutes?  I'm pretty sure this is all for nothing.

Lastly, I show them the kids' rooms and the master bedroom.

I gesture to the mirror, "I've had that as long as I can remember.  It's one of my most prized possessions," I brag, hoping to pick up Mrs. Brink's interest.  Mr. Brink actually takes a look away from his phone to study the master suite.

Mrs. Brink ignores my joking about the mirror and finds it necessary to take up her husband's position by taking out her own phone and chatting with someone for a good twenty minutes.  The annoying thing is that I can hear her entire conversation.  And let me tell you, it wasn't at all interesting.

"Okay, so that's the entire house.  If you would follow me to the front of the house again," I command as soon as Mrs. Brink ends her call.


"So I hope you enjoyed the tour.  Just let me know if you'd like to consider the offer," I say through gritted teeth.

"We'll take it.  Is §2000 a good enough for the rent?" Mr. Brink asks, making eye contact with me for the very first time today.

WHAT?!?!


"Oh awesome!  Yes, §2000 is a good price.  Um, thanks!  We can negotiate it over coffe-"

"Would now be okay?" Mrs. Brink interrupts once again.

I want to say no.  "Uh, sure...," I reply.

I spend the entire afternoon with the Brinks, negotiating and discussing the renting terms.  I swear, half the time is spent with me consuming fifty million pain killers and the Brinks (who have let me know that I can call them Ruby and Amaranth) getting distracted by their phones and just not listening to what I have to say.  Honestly, it's like talking to a bunch of three-year-olds.  Even my kids were better behaved and more focused than these pink people. 


I finally make it home at 6:45 that night.  I don't see Adam in the kitchen so I walk to the left towards the living room and see, not Adam, but three of my four cats hanging out.  Chimera and Royal are bathing each other and Dream is in the back, lounging in the catfish bag.  Every since all her kittens were adopted she has been much more laid back.  I guess motherhood didn't really suit her.


I hear creaking of the floorboards upstairs.  Adam must be up there.  I'm about to walk upstairs when Adam walks downstairs.  

"There you are.  I was beginning to wonder when you'd be home," Adam exclaims as I follow him to the kitchen, rubbing my temples.  "I was just about to make dinner.  How were the renters?"


"Adam, I don't mean to be a complaining bitch but it was dreadful.  The people... it's a long story.  I had to stay late though.  They wanted to negotiate the renting process at that moment.  And with the party last night, God, my head hurt.  It just wasn't a good mix."

"Sweetie, I'm sorry you had a bad time.  I should have been there to straighten things out."


I walk over to Adam.  Wrapping my arms around his lean, muscular body, I snuggle into his neck.  "You know what?  I'm just glad it's over and they wanted the house so that's good.  The main thing is that the house has renters now.  Unfortunately, they're only going to stay there temporarily, at most three months.  But that's okay.  At least we'll have some good income coming in."

Adam and I cuddle on the couch downstairs and eat our dinner.

Later, we both make our way upstairs and Adam pulls me down onto the new couch unexpectedly.  We snuggle once more and I instantly fall asleep in his warm arms.  I catch up on the sleep that I missed last night and dream sweet dreams about Adam and I.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The next day I slip on a lose dress, tie my hair up in a typical bun, and kiss Adam good-bye.  I'm going to the mall to check out wedding dresses with my matron of honor, Destiny Rose, and one of my bridesmaids, Hadley Reed-Pope.

We've rented out a fitting room at one of the poshest dress stores in town, Just Say Yes.

I walk in on Destiny and Hadley conversing about their own wedding dresses and arguing about which dress I'm going to get.

They've already got four picked out for me and I try on the first one.  It's extremely poofy and very typical princess with the hoop skirt and the sparkly bodice.  It looks good and fits my body well but I decide to take it off and try the next one on.  Princesses aren't really my thing.

"See, I told you she wouldn't like that one," Destiny retorts.  Then she, Hadley, and I burst out laughing.

I try on the second dress.  It's much slimmer than the other one with less bling.  It's simple and elegant at the same time, although I'm not in favor of the sash.

"How do I look girls?"  I ask while striking a pose and throwing my head back.

"Whoa, your butt look awesome," Hadley comments.

"I like it," Destiny agrees.  "It definitely looks slimming on you.  Not that you need slimming," she coughs.

I agree with both girls and decide to make the second dress one of my top choices.  Then I slip behind the screen and change into the next dress.

The next dress is much more lacy and has a very low cut front and an empire waist.  "Oh, I really like the feel of this one.  Except the open back is a bit uncomfortable but I could get used to that."

"Oooh, it makes your boobs look awesome," Hadley says excitedly as she walks over to me to examine the dress more closely.  "I really like it."

Destiny comes over also.  "I really like this one too.  It would definitely be one of my top picks.  Let's see the last one we picked out for you."

The last dress is strapless like the first two were.  It's an off-the-shoulder dress which bothers me a bit (the sleeves tickle, okay?!) but the rest of the dress is gorgeous and I love the skirt and bodice.

Hadley and Destiny also like the dress but they both admit that it isn't as good as the other dresses I've tried on.

Finally, I come to a decision and Destiny and Hadley whoop with joy.  We all walk out of the fitting room and pay for the dress right then and there.  Destiny agrees to hold onto the dress so that Adam doesn't see it.



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's nearly 11:00 when I get home.  I quietly slip into bed next to Adam and try carefully not to wake him up but my plan fails.  Adam stirs and groggily asks me how the shopping was.  I tell him it was good and that I'll explain more in the morning.  He nods off to sleep but not before engulfing me in his arms and kissing my hair.  I nuzzle against his arms, inhaling his warmth, and instantly fall asleep.  The wedding is only a few short weeks away....

19 comments:

  1. ((So glad I checked this at 5 in the morning))

    >.>,....Three year olds would be WAYYYY more mature/behaved.Damn pink people,always texting and looking in mirrors. (Sounds kinda like me! ^u^ Lol.)

    XD DRESSES! OMG! SO PERTTY! <3 I didn't like the first,Im not a princess type,I agreed with Hal's for the next two,and yes,the butt and boobs are an important factor. XD The sleeves do itch. My mom took me wedding dress shopping ((FOR HER! NOT ME! O.O)) and I tried on a couple,only to please her,and the sleeves suck. >.>

    Anyway,I loved it! <3
    Great Job!

    ~ZFTC~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, that's way too early for me. But I'm glad you're glad. ^_^ Hope I made your early hours a little bit better.

      Lol, I hope I didn't offend you or anything. It's a long story with the pink people... I was originally going to incorporate them into Generation 2 and they were going to play very rude people but I decided to use them as the renters but I kept their rudeness just to make Calista's life a little more interesting.

      I'm glad you liked the dresses! I feel bad because I'm using typical Sims 3 store dresses that everyone uses but I like the look of them so yup, that's why. Haha, do they really itch? Gah, that would explain why a lot of people on those wedding dress shows pick sleeveless dresses.

      Thank you ZFTC! Hehe, I like the new way you sign your name. :D

      Delete
  2. I read this on the bus ride to school and it brightened up my trip!! ^_^

    Those people, poor Calista had to put of with those snobs ALL day. However, at least she got the money the same day!

    Adam and Calista!! :D

    Anywaaaay, great chapter Molly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm glad, Kurtis!

      Haha, yes, at least she was able to find renters asap, although they won't be staying long.

      Thanks so much for commenting, Kurtis!

      Delete
  3. Ha ha....wedding dress shopping. I was my auntie's flower girl FOREVER ago, and still have my dress. Saying it was itchy would be an understatement. Personally, I liked the 3rd dress the most. I literally can not wait for the wedding. Oh, and those pink people..... If I was Calista, I probably would have called them out within 5 minutes of their rudeness. I extremely dislike those type of people.

    -Al

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I like the third dress too. :P

      Lol, I know, I definitely would have too. But Calista's too nice to people she doesn't know. That's sort of how I am in real life too.... >_>

      Thank for commenting, Al!

      Delete
  4. God those damn pink people xD Haha. I liked the one before the last one :) I probably already voted on one of them, but I can't remember so....what good am I? :)

    CANNOT WAIT FOR THE WEDDING YOU CANNOT GET OFF THE HOOK PUTTING IT OFF ANYMORE! :) Jkkkkk take your time :)

    ~Izzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I know right? I just wanna punch them. I should have Adam go over and teach them a lesson. :D

      Hehe, I've got to work on the wedding post now. It'll take a long time because there are a lot of people in the wedding and it make my game really slow having that many people in a household.

      :D

      Thank for commenting and reading, Izzi!

      Delete
  5. Gosh, the Brinks are annoying. If I was Calista I would probably just kicked them out for how rude they were being. I did like the two dresses that were Catlista's top choice. I can't wait for the wedding.

    ~Zoe~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were being rude, but at least she got something out of it. And FORTUNATELY, they'll be renting her house for only a short while.

      I'm glad everyone liked the dresses. Me neither!!!!

      Thank you, Zoe! :D

      Delete
  6. Jeepers, that is one weird couple... Like, seriously! Who puts a baby up for adoption just like that when they're incredibly blessed with money?!?

    Anywhooooo, weirdness aside of those peeps, this was such a lovely post! I'm so so curious as to what dress you chose...I even messaged you to find out. >.>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That are weird (I explained why in a previous comment if you're interested in knowing why they're so strange). Hehe, I had to incorporate the baby for... future events. :3

      I got your message and replied back. I hope you like the dress I chose. ^_^

      Thanks for commenting, Destiny!

      Delete
  7. Ahhh! Those renters were atrocious...and crazy...ugh. I can't help but geek out at Calista and Adam's cuteness! They are so adorable! And thank you for putting Hadley in this! She would make butt and boob comments! Hahaha! I can't wait to see the wedding! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, they were horrendous!

      Please, the more geek the merrier. I can't help but stare at them all day.

      No problemo! Hehe, yeah, I decided to give her that line (instead of Destiny). It seemed more "Hadley." :D

      Thanks for reading, Cassie!

      Delete
  8. AHHHHH those renters... :/ I probably would have been like "No! You no get my house!" >:0
    Gah I'm sooooo excited for the wedding! Adam and Calista together always makes me smile :)
    ~Megs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only Calista had that ability. Sometimes she can but at that moment, she didn't. :P

      Daw, I'm glad they make you smile. They do the same to me. ^_^

      Thanks, Megs!

      Delete
  9. Did I seriously not comment on this yet? DERP.

    Okay. The renters are serious assholes and I hope they die. I wouldn't have let them have the house. Pretentious jerks. Who do they think they are?

    At least Calista has Adam to destress. He's such a sweet heart!

    The dress shopping portion was so cute! I can't wait to see Calista on her big day. :D

    Fantastic chapter! I can't wait for chapter 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, it's fine. IWASN'TWAITINGFORYOURCOMMENTORANYTHING.

      Hehe, jk.

      Oh goodness. >.< You're quite brutal, aren't you. Hehe... they won't really be showing up any time soon. This is pretty much the only time you'll see them and fortunately, they won't be staying for long.

      He is! He's a super duper sweetie pie! ^_^

      Gah, me neither! Thanks, Amanda!

      Delete
  10. Wow, I liked how you showed off the different dress and how she liked each one of them. I can't wait to see their wedding. WOOT! So excited. :)

    ReplyDelete