"Our life is one open book full of pages. We laugh, we cry, we smile, we stumble, we stand, we fall, and we succeed. Every chapter defines who we really are."


I only got through generation 1 and part of 2. For the rest, check out my tumblr.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Generation 02, Chapter 13: Boiled

NOTE

Okay, so this part of the book was a little more detailed than what I was able to do but I tried (as with all of my posts).  Also, keep in mind I took these pictures back in April.  O_O

Five more posts after this one and the book part of the story is finished!  After that I will just post pictures of this family that I take for fun, because I've come to realize that I don't really enjoy posing my sims as much as I used to.  I've discovered that it's much more fun playing more casually and exploring the features in the game that I didn't know existed.  I can only play this legacy file on my computer at home so over winter break (which just ended today), I played and played a lot.

I'm still debating as to whether or not to post those pictures on this blog or make a Facebook page.  In a way, I feel obligated to continue using blogger since that's what I've always used.  But then again, a Facebook page is a bit easier to make and maintain.  Let me know in the comments what you think I should do.

Anywho, enjoy this post!  :)


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

"Now Calla, I want your honest opinion.  How old do you think I am?" Myrtle asks me the next morning before she and Fir leave for a relative's birthday party.  She's dressed in the tightest, shiniest, stretchy dress that no one, especially her age, should wear.  I avoid eye contact with her.  I hate personal questions like these.

Trying to be polite yet not making it obvious that I'm laying, I reply, "Um, thirty-seven?"

"Oh!  I'm actually thirty-nine," Myrtle blushes.  I know that's a life because just the other day, I was cleaning up in her room and happened to notice her passport, wide open on the dresser.  She's forty-nine and doesn't look a day younger.

"So, I must be going now.  Champagne will be here soon, although I'm assuming you already knew that."

She's right,  I did know that.  But I feign ignorance.  "He works Sundays?"

"Oh, many times.  He's extremely dedicated.  I heard he took you to his little bar.  That must have been exiting."

I frown.  His bar is definitely not "little."  Why does she seem to think so lowly of him?

"Yes, it was amazing."

Fir arrives in the entry.  "Okay, I'm ready," he announces gruffly.  "Let's get this family party over with."

"Fir!  Don't you complain.  We're going and that's final."

"When will you be back, Mrs. Dhaval?"

"Oh sometimes late tonight, I presume.  Hello, Champagne."  I hear Champ enter the house.  He return's Myrtle's greeting and says hi to me.

"You guys aren't very affectionate, are you?"

We don't get to respond because Fir starts uttering complaints which riles up Myrtle again.  They argue all the way to their car.  I finally hear the engine start up and watch the car leave the driveway.

I turn to Champ.  "So, Mr. Dhaval said you're tying up the tomatoes today?"

"Yeah, I could use some help if you're free."

"Perhaps."

"Okay."

He leaves and I rush to my room.  I suppose I could help.  To waste my time and not seem too eager, I shower and read the newspaper.  Then I talk to my sister, Zoe, a bit and listen to her enthuse about her current boyfriend.  Apparently she got back together with one of her high school boyfriends.

After an hour long chat, I head out to the garden.  It's sweltering hot and uncomfortably humid.  The twenty minutes I spent in the shower are wasted fifteen seconds after I step outside.

Champ is leaning over, tying the stalk of the tomato plants to a stake for support.

"Hi, I came to help," I announce.  "Where should I start?"

"Hey.  Let's see, you can start at the end of this row and we'll meet each other in the middle."

"Sounds good."

I lean over and begin to painstakingly tie sections of the tomato stalk to the stake.  Champ explains to me that this process would go much faster if we used plant cages, but the Dhavals want something that doesn't look as ugly so Champ has to tie the tomato plants to the stakes instead, since strings don't show and stakes look better than cages.

We don't talk at all.  I'm sweating from head to toe.  We meet in the middle, just as Champ had said.  His hand brushes mine as we work on tying the same plant.  I look up to look at him but he's already moved to the next row.  I follow him to the next row and start working on that.

"Phew, it's hot," he exclaims and strips off his t-shirt.  I do the same with my tank top.

Next we go to pick apples that have ripened early.  We also have to pick off apples that have "imperfections."  Yeah, the Dhavals are definitely crazy.

Champ stands behind me, reaching the apples I cannot reach.  We finish one tree and then another and another.  There are so many freakin' apples.

"Are we don-" I start to say, but Champ just kisses me hard on the mouth and turns towards the lettuce plants.

"Not even close," he answers.  "There's still more to do."  He gestures towards the lettuce and grape plants.  "Weeding."

Plant by plant we pull weeds.  And again, we meet in the middle.

"Try to be a little more gentle when pulling them out of the soil," Champ whispers in my ear.

"Okay," is all I can say.  I feel his hand push up my skirt and his breath on my neck.  Despite the sweltering heat, I am very turned on.  Tired, but turned on nonetheless.

Somehow, we manage to finish weeding the lettuce and the grapes, each time we meet in the middle, we remove an article of clothing until all I'm wearing is my skirt and all he's wearing are his jeans.

"Now are we done?" I ask, exasperated."

"Not quite.  We have to gather some herbs and weed them as well," Champ kneels down.

"No, I'm done.  I can't do anymore," I say, standing up.  My whole body aches and it's hot and there are dirt stains all over me.

Champ stands up too and comes towards me.  My breath quickens and sweat is pouring out of me even faster.  I nearly melt when he brings his mouth to my neck and kisses me deeply.  Only this time, it's for real.

His hands go every place his mouth goes and I shiver with pleasure.  Things are moving quickly.  My skirt falls and his pants slip off and it's... well let's just say it's amazing.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

"You know, I'm normally not like that.  Just so you know," I say.  We're lying on the ground and my head is resting on his warm chest.  I can hear his steady heart beat strongly.

"Six minutes isn't sex.  Six minutes is a boiled egg," Champ says as I drift off to sleep.

Champ let's me know that I've been sleeping for about four hours when I finally open my eyes.  He has bottles of beer next to him and I gladly accept one, after I slip on my skirt and bra.

"You slacker.  The Dhavals think you're working in the garden."

"I could say the same to you," Champ grins.  We both laugh.

"So Myrtle told me you want to expand your gardening skills by building a nursery.  Is that true?"

"Yeah, but it was just a silly dream."

"You gave it up, to work in the bar.  Champ, you should pursue your dream.  I know how much gardening means to you.  It would be stupid not to do what you really want to do."

"Stupid?  I don't think so.  I'm trying to fulfill the duties of my family.  It's my responsibility."

"Don't you want to ditch your responsibilities?  You have a whole life ahead of you."

"Isn't that what you did?"

"We're not talking about me...."

"Calla, look at me.  Can you answer my question truthfully."

I nod.

"Do you have kids?"

"Kids?  Do I look like I have kids?"

"Well, thanks for answering that truthfully.  And no, you don't look like you have kids. I was just wondering."

"Would you have thought of me differently if I had told you I had kids?"

Before he can answer, I hear Myrtle's high voice call my name.

"Shit!  Why are they home?" I panic.  "I thought they weren't coming until later!"

"I thought they were too!" Champ hisses, putting on his t-shirt.

"Where the hell are my clothes?" I ask frantically.

"Calla," Myrtle yells again.  "Are you outside?"

"Relax Calla, I'll distract them while you run inside and get changed."

"Sounds good.  What's our story?"

"We didn't have sex in their garden and we didn't take beers from their fridge."

I laugh, "Sounds legit."

Champ kisses me and I scamper off towards the house, making sure the Dhavals, who are walking back towards the garden, don't see me.

I take a quick rinse under the shower and change into fresh clothes that cover up all of the fruit stains on my skin.

I rush outside to see Champ talking animatedly to the Dhavals.  They point something out to him (most likely an unevenly trimmed bush) which causes him to leave the group as they walk back into the house.  I rush downstairs to greet them.

"Good afternoon, Mr. and Mrs. Dhaval.  How was the party?"

"It was nice but I would rather not talk about it," she says, her voice filled with irritation.  Her eyes dart towards Fir.

"Oh come on!  Get over it already, woman!"  Fir rolls his eye at his wife.

"Must you always embarrass me like that?" Myrtle cries.  Oh goodie, look what I started.

Trying to calm down the steaming couple, I off them a beverage.

"Yes, thank you, tea would be lovely.  But first, before I forget, I'd like to inform you that we'll be having a visitor.  My sister just asked me if it was okay that her daughter, my niece, Blanche Blodwen, come and stay at our house.  Of course I said yes.  Blanche is a high-powered lawyer and I'm asking you not to bother her too much.  Also, she'll need a room made-up."

"Yes, ma'am," I curtsy.  Panic builds up inside of my yet again.  If she's a high-powered lawyer, she'll surely have heard about me, the failure.  I'm going to have to find a disguise....

No comments:

Post a Comment